Last week, Michelle and I got to spend a week in Paris with her family. We visited a lot of great historical sites, museums, and places I think the film “Amelie” was filmed at. There are so many reasons why Paris has become one of my favorite cities in the world. Here are a few:
- Amazing metro system: buses, trains, and subway systems that are efficient and everywhere.
- Incredible diversity: Though not all areas of Paris are diverse, it seemed as if it was truly, an international community.
- Beautiful historical buildings, museums, art: The details in the city are incredible. Everywhere you look you can’t help but wonder how they built/designed everything.
- Awesome parks: We judge a city based on it’s public parks. Paris has some great ones.
- Great food: A lot of things taste better in Paris. I think it did.
We had an incredible time in France. Though the issue with our bags was stressful, it didn’t stop us from having an overall, great experience (we ended up getting them on Day 9). Here are some of our posts from our time in France:
- Paris in Pictures: Part 1
- How to Save on Travel Accommodations with Help Exchange: our time at a Chateau
- Preparing for a Budget Trip to France
- Favorite Photos From Our French Countryside Help Exchange
- A Budget Itinerary for Paris
Finally, here are some of my favorite pics from our second week in Paris.