After a long couple of days of travel and no sleep (we were awake for about 36 hours), we have finally arrived in Jamaica!
– It’s been great meeting and making new friends (both fellow volunteers and staff)
– Training and support has been overwhelming and very much appreciated
– Impressive and highly competent Jamaican and American Staff
– Fun trying new food
– The warmth from the island from the people and the weather is comforting
– Feel encouraged that this really is where we are suppose to be
– Amazing welcome and 50th anniversary celebration of Peace Corps in Jamaica (inspiring speeches and a beautiful cultural performance by the Nexus group (singing and dancing))
We are excited to head to our first round of homestays tomorrow and look forward to the rest of training. Will have more to share soon, but we just wanted you to know that we arrived safe, we are enjoying the training, and can’t believe we are finally here. Don’t know when the next time we will post but will do so when we can.
Till next time, “Bless up yourself”.